Frequently Asked Questions

It depends on which country or region you are from. If you are from one of countries and regions with the visa exemption arrangement with Japan, also the period of stay is up to 90 days, there is no need to obtain a visa to enter Japan. If the person from other countries, and the period of stay is up to 90 days, a short-term visa is required. However, in both cases, if you receive compensation from Japanese entity for your work, and/or the period of stay is more than 90 days, a visa for work or long-term stays is required. For the application process of visa for both short-term and work or long-term, please check the website of Ministry Foreign Affairs of Japan.
As the necessary documents and procedures differ depending on the nationality and the purpose of stay of visa applicant, please check the website of Japanese Embassy or Consulate General of Japan nearest you for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Location Search

Search by category and location environment

Advanced search



  • Address:Nisshin Bldg. 2F, 346-6 Yamabuki-cho,
    Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-0801, Japan
  • Telephone:+81-3-5579-8464
  • FAX:+81-3-5579-8785
  • E-mail:ml-tlb(at)
    Please replace (at) with @ in sending e-mail.
  • Business hours:9:00am-18:00pm
    Monday through Friday,
    excluding national holidays
  • Film Comission Portal open new window
  • & TOKYO open new window
  • Official tourism site of Tokyo GO TOKYO open new window
  • TOKYO LOCATION GUIDE open new window
  • Tokyo Stock Footage open new window